Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Basketball experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game. In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
- Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation;
- Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
- Children learn the importance of health and nutrition;
- Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
- Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
- Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
- Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
- Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
- Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
- Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
- Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period.