Book a 2016 Program!
From Term 4 2016, please book your program using the new Sporting Schools booking system at www.sportingschools.gov.au.
What is Sporting Schools?
Sporting Schools is an Australian Sports Commission initiative funding over 5,700 in-school sports programs, with an aim to engage more than 850,000 children across Australia in what will be the country’s largest school-based participation programme.
For accredited Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops centres, Sporting Schools:
- Allow centres to deliver a school-based Aussie Hoops themed program at multiple schools in their region, all year round;
- Forms a great opportunity for basketball associations to build stronger links with their local school network, and develop better school engagement strategies;
- Has a much greater link with Basketball Australia and State/Territory organisations, compared with the AASC program; and
- Offers at least the same level of funding for associations to deliver high quality in-school programs, coupled with curriculum and resources provided by Basketball Australia.
Why Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops?
- Fun and engaging basketball program, delivered by accredited coaches
- Curriculum aligned to F-10 curriculum outcomes, an important feature for teachers
- Access to project grants aimed at building associations.
Register your School
Schools, associations and coaches can register to be a part of Sporting Schools online at www.sportingschools.gov.au.
Types of Programs
Local Coach Programs
We have assembled a network of experienced, passionate local coaches from clubs and associations who will deliver Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops programs in your school. Arranging one of these programs is simple, you can either use the “Find a Coach” function on the Sporting Schools website, or contact your State/Territory Aussie Hoops Coordinator.
NOTE: Your Sporting Schools grant may be void if sourcing a coach or provider that isn’t endorsed by Basketball Australia.
Programmes start from $500 ex GST for a single coach to deliver a four-week programme (recommended for up to 20 students), which includes:
- Fun and engaging basketball programme, delivered by accredited coaches
- Offers to students for continued basketball involvement at a local club
- Nationally endorsed curriculum linked to F-10 outcomes
- State/Territory and National service and administration fee
Teacher Delivered Programs
Teacher delivered Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops programs are available as an option only where the State/Territory organisation is unable to appoint a suitable local coach for your program.
Schools must apply to receive endorsement to deliver Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops in their school by contacting their State/Territory Aussie Hoops Coordinator.
For $260, teachers receive the endorsement to deliver the Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops program at their school for a school term, as well as a Resource Kit valued at over $300 including: :
- A Set of 10 size-5 Spalding Basketball Australia basketballs
- A Spalding basketball bag, including ball pump
- Two sets of Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops curriculum (Rookie and All-Star)
Price excludes GST and delivery.
Schools can purchase an array of official Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops equipment at special Sporting Schools discounted rates, including
|Aussie Hoops Resource Kit
RRP $270, Schools price $175 (30% off)
|Aussie Hoops Starter Kit
RRP $115, Schools price $85 (25% off)
|Spalding 42” Portable System
RRP $410, Schools price $350 (20% off)
|Spalding 24” Junior Portable Ring
RRP $80, Schools price $65 (20% off)
What Teachers Have Said
“The students loved the interaction with the presenters.”
“Great getting good quality balls. The kids love them.”
More information on the Sporting Schools program is available on the Sporting Schools website, or contact your State/Territory Sporting Schools contact here.